Ok I ordered the kit, it arrived, I unhooked the negative battery cable and dropped the pan. Fluid was clean and the magnet had barely any gunk on it.

I installed the 46RE Governor Pressure Service Kit 2000 Up from cascade.This included the governor (governor pressure transducer), the shift solenoid (governor pressure solenoid), the gasket for the housing of those 2 units, the 3-4 accumulator spring, the tail shaft speed sensor, the new filter and the new pan gasket. Filled it with atf+4.

I also bought a mid grade code reader.

I hooked up the battery and fired it up. Within 10 seconds or so, the check engine light came back on. I cussed and got in and took it for a ride. Again, when put in drive it starts out super slow and I figure this either means it’s starting out in third or something is wrong with the torque converter . But before I could only manually down shift to second and it would never going to first and also overdrive was not working.

This time again when put in drive it started out really slow just like before But this time I could manually shifted into every gear first second and third but I didn’t get it going fast enough to see if it went into Over Drive. When put in the first it kind of feels like it doesn’t catch until you give it a fair amount of throttle but nonetheless it went in the first and second and third manually.

First read of codes: P0743 TCC solenoid circuit, P0753 1-2/4-5 Solenoid circuit, P1764 governor pressure sensor low, P1765 1. Switched battery failure 2. Trans power relay circuit

I cleared the codes and turned it back on, again the check engine light came on in about 10 seconds and I took it for a drive. It seem to drive a little bit better.

Second read of codes: P0743 TCC solenoid circuit, P1764 governor pressure sensor low, P1765 1. Switched battery failure 2. Trans power relay circuit

With one of the codes disappeared, I switched out the trans relay with another relay and no change. I’m starting to think I have a short somewhere. I have heard of the downstream O2 sensor Circuit causing short problems as it runs in the same harness as the transmission wiring. Or maybe my TCC solenoid is shot and I should’ve bought the full kit that included that!!!

What do you guys think? What should my next movie?