I had a moment today to recheck fluid, connections and battery. I am getting a filter and gasket and will remove pan when i get it.

I unhooked the battery for about 20 minutes and unhooked both connectors and cleaned the connectors and the battery terminals really well. I noticed my battery is 6 years old so I probably should replace that.

I check the tranny fluid through the dipstick tube again and it was clean and didn't smell bad. who knows the PO may have change the fluid before he sold it.

In the relay box under the hood I noticed that my trans relay has five prongs but it sits in a but it sits in a 4 terminal base, could i possibly have wrong relay?

I unhooked the connectors from the trans and cleaned them out and removed about 3 in of sheathing to see if any of the wires were frayed. They were all intact.

when I reconnected everything and the battery I started the Durango and within seconds the check engine light came back on

since I have to drop the pan anyways I think I'll just get all the parts I may need and if the fluid doesn't have a bunch of chunks in it I'll just go ahead and install the parts