I just bought a 2001 SLT 2WD 5.9 Durango for cheap cheap because it is experiencing tranny issues and CTM electrical problems that the PO didnt want to deal with.

I know this issue Im having is very common on these 46re Durangos/Rams/Dakotas, so I could use some guidance in solving it, thank you in advance!

My particular problem is the tranny only goes into 3rd when put in D. I believe it's called limp mode. You can manually shift down to 2nd, but no matter what you do it will not go into 1st or 4th, period. If you put it into drive, it goes straight to 3rd and stays there, no downshift to 2nd when you floor it. You can manually put the lever down into 2nd, and it will go into 2nd, and 2nd is where it will stay no matter what. You can put it back into D and it goes to 3rd. That is all you can do for forward gears. Reverse works fine.

I have read numerous posts about the governor/transducer, OD solenoid, output speed sensor, corroded connections, bad grounds, and frayed/shorted wires etc etc. I just dont know where to begin.

This Durango is very nice, smooth running 360, good interior, and I bought it for next to nothing so I dont mind putting some $ into the trans to make it trouble-free and reliable. Is there a standard combination of new solenoids/connectors/relays/harnesses/wires that can be put in all at once to eliminate all the common problems at once?

Here are the codes I pulled today:

P0753 A/T 3-4 Solenoid/Transmission Relay Circuit Failure

P0743 A/T Torque Converter Clutch Solenoid Circuit Failure

P0720 A/T Output Speed Sensor - Low output Above 15 MPH

P1764 A/T Governor Pressure Sensor Signal Too Low

P1765 A/T Transmission Relay Circuit Malfunction

Where should I start?