Interesting for such a heavy car and probably needing to spin a heavy piston hard.

Im working on a odd 318 block based 340 with some old but new trw flat tops above deck and even they are very heavy.

Originally Posted By Dibbons
My plans for 2018 are to finish my Mopar small block 305 CID "nostalgia" motor for my '72 Plymouth Satellite Sebring Plus.

Already have the custom billet 2.96" stroke (Bryant Racing) crankshaft at the machine shop. The .030 over 340 block is being decked for TRW dome pistons (L2322F) .017" out of the block. Custom (Cunningham) rods at 6.298" center to center length are also ready to go. Will use an old set of open chamber "O" cylinder heads (2.02 intake) with 273 adjustable rockers (Rocker Arms Unlimited) and a 340 ('68 manual profile, more or less) hydraulic camshaft (Oregon Cams). Factory correct 1972 Carter ThermoQuad with matching '72 factory cast iron intake manifold and factory '72 trap door air cleaner are also ready on hand (well, need to re-build the carb). Plain chrome (no Mopar logo) Direct Connection valve covers and Kevko 5 quart oil pan and pick-up round things out.

The only item up in the air at the moment are exhaust manifolds. May have to use the 318 manifolds from the original motor for starters.