Moparts

Looking to 2018. What are you Building?

Posted By: Porter67

Looking to 2018. What are you Building? - 12/27/17 11:48 PM

I just picked up my first Gen3 Hemi core. It will be way behind the current curve but there are some good used parts for them floating around already priced right.

What are your plans?
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Looking to 2018. What are you Building? - 12/27/17 11:54 PM

I've got a another 416 that I will build in the
spring when I get back.. I have everything for it
but I need to mill the pistons now
EDIT
I've been looking for a Gen 3 to put in my 38 ply
wave
Posted By: B3422W5

Re: Looking to 2018. What are you Building? - 12/28/17 12:00 AM

Got a 418 i am gonna slap together with a roller,between 12.5 and 13 compression, and a set of the new trick flow small block heads
Will have a 904 behind it, and at 3300 pounds hoping it will run 10.20’s or so, wont need a license..... getting to old to want one or jump through those hoops anyhow.
In the meantime, want to get my stock stroke low compression 360 in the 10’s first......
And in between all that, get my hip replaced, its starting to really bug my mobility doing much of anything
Posted By: Hemi_Joel

Re: Looking to 2018. What are you Building? - 12/28/17 12:13 AM

I'm going to finish my 31 Plymouth and have it all tested and dialed in for Drag Week. The hemi is going on the Dyno mid January. Also I'm going to fix the issues with my 67 GTX that forced my to drop out of Drag Week 2017, so I have a good back up car, just in case.
Posted By: ZIPPY

Re: Looking to 2018. What are you Building? - 12/28/17 12:28 AM

Trying to get back into it. I am looking at trying a new carb on the GTX and probably offing the 1000 race demon.

Been considering farming out all or part of the bodywork/paint on that car and think I may have met someone who could turn out to be a good resource. Need to invest some time with this person and get an idea what will need to happen. (I already know I'm not going to like the price).

I will be shopping around to find somewhere good to rework/prep and port the small pile of heads I collected a few years back. Hasn't been much interest from the famous names here so I might have to actually talk to people in real life, which I actually welcome...just need to find the time....there is a crazy amount of knowledge locally that I haven't really attempted to tap into and that's probably a mistake.

Need to take the time to scrutinize the LA small block-related items in the collection closely and need to work towards selling off the stuff I'm not going to use anytime soon.
Posted By: Dragula

Re: Looking to 2018. What are you Building? - 12/28/17 12:33 AM

I have a set of G3 ported Eddy heads, and I just scored a mint 400 block, and a set of new Hedman fenderwll headers, and I am just finishing the install of my 605 Hemi in the Cuda....

Attached picture KIMG0495[1].JPG
Posted By: tboomer

Re: Looking to 2018. What are you Building? - 12/28/17 12:49 AM

A new house... whistling
Posted By: markz528

Re: Looking to 2018. What are you Building? - 12/28/17 01:05 AM

69 GTX clone street/strip car - shooting for low to mid 10's
Posted By: greendart408

Re: Looking to 2018. What are you Building? - 12/28/17 01:18 AM

Work at making more than 5 passes next yr, tune my new f2 w8 combo so it will actually run right, and get my other 69, 340, 4spd dart drivable from a 1976 hibernation and drive to hot August nights.
Posted By: FastmOp

Re: Looking to 2018. What are you Building? - 12/28/17 01:30 AM

Making a billet intake to go on my billet HEMI.
Finally got my CNC up and running in my shop. Hope to be making chips next month. Then plan on making an oil pan and several other parts.
Also have plans for an expansion at my storage business. Should be a busy year.
Posted By: rickraw

Re: Looking to 2018. What are you Building? - 12/28/17 01:33 AM

Retirement, lol.
Posted By: BigBlockMopar

Re: Looking to 2018. What are you Building? - 12/28/17 02:04 AM

Built myself a 11.3:1 cr 360 engine recently to be put in my '73 daily Dart.
Maybe somewhere down the line I hope to also be able to finally build/finish an Early 392, a 5.7L Hemi and a 6.1L Hemi.
Posted By: Adobedude

Re: Looking to 2018. What are you Building? - 12/28/17 02:17 AM

Heads and Manifold are off for a visit to Shane Studley...Precision Cylinder Heads in Utah, converter is off to Lenny for a re-flash, engine and tranny freshen up.
Moving the engine back 4".

So not much.
Posted By: a493demon

Re: Looking to 2018. What are you Building? - 12/28/17 02:33 AM

I'm hoping to get my car in the 5.0 range .
Need to start working on my 73 dodge / oleynik car hauler and get that sold .Maybe get my 67 coronet running and drive that this summer .
Posted By: mills.mopar

Re: Looking to 2018. What are you Building? - 12/28/17 02:40 AM

I've got half the paint striped off the dart. Making way for a new paint job
Putting a glass rear bumper to match the front.
Adding an engine plate and denso alternator
Possibly a fiberglass dash if I'm really feeling froggy.
Looking forward to working in my new garage. This will be my first big project.
Any folks around Kentucky are more than welcome to stop by and lend a hand....
Jeff
Posted By: sgcuda

Re: Looking to 2018. What are you Building? - 12/28/17 02:46 AM

New mill for my old girl. The 500 seemed to be possessed by the spirit of Chuckie. Overhaul my Indy Max block. Figure out if going 572 or 605. Not sure which stroke to use yet.
Posted By: Crizila

Re: Looking to 2018. What are you Building? - 12/28/17 03:09 AM

Down sizing!

Attached picture duster paint1.jpg
Attached picture duster motor1.jpg
Posted By: Medlock51

Re: Looking to 2018. What are you Building? - 12/28/17 03:25 AM

Redoing my blowed up 383 sbm... finish my dirt late model project... maybe start on the G3 5.7 I have...

Re: Looking to 2018. What are you Building? - 12/28/17 03:32 AM

Originally Posted By rickraw
Retirement, lol.
Congrats!!

Re: Looking to 2018. What are you Building? - 12/28/17 03:36 AM

Originally Posted By Hemi_Joel
I'm going to finish my 31 Plymouth and have it all tested and dialed in for Drag Week. The hemi is going on the Dyno mid January. Also I'm going to fix the issues with my 67 GTX that forced my to drop out of Drag Week 2017, so I have a good back up car, just in case.
Finished my 33 about 1.5 years ago. Fun driver.

Attached picture 1 bad 33.jpg
Posted By: cudatom

Re: Looking to 2018. What are you Building? - 12/28/17 03:46 AM

The Cuda gets a new cage in Feb to replace the one installed in 1988. Still trying to decide on a power plant. Leaning towards a 540 w/a F2
or a 540 w/B1's.
This will probably be a 2018-2019 build. Lol
Posted By: sixpackgut

Re: Looking to 2018. What are you Building? - 12/28/17 03:53 AM

Originally Posted By Dragula
I have a set of G3 ported Eddy heads, and I just scored a mint 400 block, and a set of new Hedman fenderwll headers, and I am just finishing the install of my 605 Hemi in the Cuda....

Those pieces should fit together nicely hammer
Posted By: ozymaxwedge

Re: Looking to 2018. What are you Building? - 12/28/17 04:10 AM

Remove my 547 wedge from my sons car, remove the heads and put them onto his 440 and fit it to his car.
Refresh the 547 short.
Remove my 528 wedge from the Cuda, remove the heads and give them a rebuild with new springs and locks.
Fit the heads to the 547 and fit into the Cuda with new convertor.
Refresh 528 and wrap it up.
Fabricate molly cage for the Cuda.

Posted By: astjp2

Re: Looking to 2018. What are you Building? - 12/28/17 11:44 AM

Hopefully a 50x80x16 pole barn in the back yard to put everything in, with a lift!
Posted By: hemi_doug

Re: Looking to 2018. What are you Building? - 12/28/17 03:33 PM

65 Plymouth Satellite to do some bracket racing with. 506 wedge with Victor maxwedge and solid roller.Shooting for 10.0s The chassis is being done now. Plan is a narrowed Dana with Caltracs and mono springs. Once that is completed and ready it's on to the driveline. Hope to have it ready for shakedown passes this year and turn my daughter loose in it at some point. She has some time left to Jr. race so we aren't in a hurry.
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: Looking to 2018. What are you Building? - 12/28/17 04:07 PM

Well I guess I can finally show the mostly finished product. It started life and one of Rick Jones personal Pro Stockers. It was only run at a couple races before they went back to GM stuff. Was raced by Art Hodges for a couple years after that then was sold and sat for years til I acquired it in 2014. We stripped the three paint jobs from its pro stock days car down to bare carbon and chassis. We also removed all the wiring from the car and started over. Been a long long road with only being able to work on it when I'm in Vegas. We moved to DC in the end of 2014 as well. So work has been slow to say the least. The car is now pretty much done and ready to go. We spent a lot of time dropping weight out of it where we could. It is all Carbon and has some titanium components on it as well. The engine has been another pain to say the least and it is apart again having the heads redone by Slawko and will have a new HRE intake built when the heads are done. The back to the dyno a quick look inside and back in the car. Hope to have it out by summer when we come back to Vegas permanently when the wife retires from the USAF..

Anyway here she is. I am sure the paint is a love it or hate it thing. My sons kind of came up with the design in a combined effort deal. Hopefully it will run ok, if I don't sell the Mopar power plant and jump ship. Anyway hope some like it. Sorry about the mess in the garage, I'm not home much and we seem to have a car in there all the time for chassis stuff smile

Posted By: sgcuda

Re: Looking to 2018. What are you Building? - 12/28/17 04:09 PM

Originally Posted By Al_Alguire
Well I guess I can finally show the mostly finished product. It started life and one of Rick Jones personal Pro Stockers. It was only run at a couple races before they went back to GM stuff. Was raced by Art Hodges for a couple years after that then was sold and sat for years til I acquired it in 2014. We stripped the three paint jobs from its pro stock days car down to bare carbon and chassis. We also removed all the wiring from the car and started over. Been a long long road with only being able to work on it when I'm in Vegas. We moved to DC in the end of 2014 as well. So work has been slow to say the least. The car is now pretty much done and ready to go. We spent a lot of time dropping weight out of it where we could. It is all Carbon and has some titanium components on it as well. The engine has been another pain to say the least and it is apart again having the heads redone by Slawko and will have a new HRE intake built when the heads are done. The back to the dyno a quick look inside and back in the car. Hope to have it out by summer when we come back to Vegas permanently when the wife retires from the USAF..

Anyway here she is. I am sure the paint is a love it or hate it thing. My sons kind of came up with the design in a combined effort deal. Hopefully it will run ok, if I don't sell the Mopar power plant and jump ship. Anyway hope some like it. Sorry about the mess in the garage, I'm not home much and we seem to have a car in there all the time for chassis stuff smile

Looks great, Al. Good luck with it this coming year.

Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: Looking to 2018. What are you Building? - 12/28/17 04:26 PM

Buy new axles, weld in subframe connectors and a cage and do some footbrake bracket racing w/ this car.

Attached picture Amelia's car.jpeg
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: Looking to 2018. What are you Building? - 12/28/17 04:27 PM

Finish reassembling this '71 Demon 340 and ruin some tires.

Attached picture DEMON REAR.jpeg
Posted By: Blucuda413

Re: Looking to 2018. What are you Building? - 12/28/17 06:21 PM

Plan to have my renewed 68 Cuda back out early in the year. Over the past 2 yrs I have almost completely redone the whole car. I started with replacing the 8 3/4 and suspension with an aftermarket 9", new aluminum driveshaft, new suspension and a new set of slicks. I also removed all of the stock front suspension and built new K member setup for installation of Lamb struts, Pinto rack & pinion steering and Centerline spindle mount wheels. The power plant is my NA 413ci Xblock converted to a basically new blower motor. Using the Xblock and my 3.91 crank I have new Large Port Commando heads, new Racetec pistons on Lentz rods. Intake is a Offenhauser blower manifold with a 6-71 sitting on it. For fuel delivery I have a Hilborn bugcatcher injection which I have set up for E85. Didn't do anything to the JW Powerglide trans except change it's location a little over an inch.

One of the biggest challenges was determining location and designing mounts for hilborn fuel pump, vacuum pump, alternator and the CSI electric water pump. I had it all mocked up and then decided to go to the strut front end which required use of a motor plate. That required redo of all the mounting plans for the front of the engine. I've got it all figured out now and should be ready in Feb or March.
Posted By: Triple Threat

Re: Looking to 2018. What are you Building? - 12/28/17 06:30 PM

I bought a 68 Barracuda F/SA Stock Eliminator car that has been sitting for a decade. Been going through it, cleaning it up, all new wiring, new fuel system, carpet, seats, painting etc. I will run it some this year with a 360/380 crate motor while going through and building a 340 for it to be run in stock again.

Day 1

Removed the old stickers

Trunk

360/380 crate motor with a few upgrades. Repainted engine bay
Posted By: Gary Robbins

Re: Looking to 2018. What are you Building? - 12/28/17 07:02 PM

Put my new PSO headed B1 in Silverfish and hopefully run some 4.50-4.70'S according to class and jet limit !!

Attached picture 20170506_142048.jpg
Attached picture 1477489854426.jpg
Posted By: B3422W5

Re: Looking to 2018. What are you Building? - 12/28/17 07:06 PM

Gary..... you coming to Norwalk this coming year?
Posted By: Gary Robbins

Re: Looking to 2018. What are you Building? - 12/28/17 07:14 PM

Originally Posted By B3422W5
Gary..... you coming to Norwalk this coming year?

Doubtful as it's the same weekend as the Polaris dealer show and someone from the store needs to be there which is usually me !!

I love the MMW show and people but hate the date change !!
Posted By: johnnycuda

Re: Looking to 2018. What are you Building? - 12/28/17 07:27 PM

I'm hoping to take the Cuda out a few times this year, considring adding a 150 shot to it, that's why I'm pondering ordering a Dana to repalce the 8.75.
I'm just finishing my '69 Valiant sleeper, should be fun to drive, plan to drive it to the track, should go high 11's/low 12's on the motor.
Posted By: qwkmopardan

Re: Looking to 2018. What are you Building? - 12/28/17 08:04 PM

Originally Posted By Gary Robbins
Put my new PSO headed B1 in Silverfish and hopefully run some 4.50-4.70'S according to class and jet limit !!

Better get rid of that JW wheel. The one I had in my Lebaron shed the starter ring and nearly sawed the passenger side frame rail in two. The "Wheel" was only a couple years old as well.
Posted By: RTSE4ME

Re: Looking to 2018. What are you Building? - 12/28/17 10:18 PM

I just picked up G3 Hemi core also. Found it at a local boneyard for a couple hundred.

Attached picture kubota.jpg
Posted By: theraif

Re: Looking to 2018. What are you Building? - 12/28/17 10:29 PM

going to try to make mad money selling art heheheh

Attached picture small.jpg
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Looking to 2018. What are you Building? - 12/28/17 11:59 PM

Originally Posted By theraif
going to try to make mad money selling art heheheh

That will work as ALL Artist are rich. LOL. I'm still paying off my Sons Art School loan.

Ohhhh and he's a Parts Manager at an Autobody shop in Colorado so that counts, RIGHT!!!!!
Posted By: DblOJoe

Re: Looking to 2018. What are you Building? - 12/29/17 03:14 AM

I'm going to a crank trigger and a bigger carb. Easy winter...
Posted By: Bad340fish

Re: Looking to 2018. What are you Building? - 12/29/17 04:21 AM

Change over to tunnel ram and dual throttle body for my EFI. Switch from 727 to low gear 904, switch to Dana 60 from 8.75.
Posted By: Just-a-dart

Re: Looking to 2018. What are you Building? - 12/29/17 04:26 AM

I picked up Bigcube's fat tire, tube chassis Dart and will be changing it over to a Gen3 Hemi.

This will be a 439" Aluminum block, with 6.4 heads and tall Ritter intake done by Brett Miller. 1050 dom on e85 and a 904 trans.

This will be another bottom bulb bracket car. The time line on this project all depends on work, and if the other car doesn't get jealous and break.

Re: Looking to 2018. What are you Building? - 12/29/17 04:32 AM

Looks like I will be building my spare engine
for the Rampage.. its a 389ci.. was in the race
car a few years back.. I need to mill the pistons
before I assemble it and get a balance job on it
wave
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: Looking to 2018. What are you Building? - 12/29/17 06:07 AM

My plan is to get my latest toy home from Nebraska this spring, and have it reassembled and tested in time to go to Clay City for the Mopar show. I bought the old Buzzin' Half Duzzin'and most of the pieces to put it back together. I changed jobs and hope to have a little more time to race.
Posted By: Prochargedmopar

Re: Looking to 2018. What are you Building? - 12/29/17 07:35 PM

I’m working on getting my 73 Ford back in shape and running around with a sinper efi.

I’m also still working on my blown and turboed sb 360 project.

Parts haul for xmas including something from Rick R of Mopar Action fame.

Today I got my e85 converted carb back.... Yup yup.

Posted By: 383man

Re: Looking to 2018. What are you Building? - 12/30/17 08:08 AM

Nothing for me as I cant afford to build anything new. So just normal maintnance on my 63. But I hope to try a different intake and carb later in the year that a very kind member here offered to let me try ! Ron
Posted By: moparx

Re: Looking to 2018. What are you Building? - 12/30/17 05:19 PM

my goal this year, is to get my charger back running, and contact Bob George for an affordable "new" [to the car] bullet. [providing the finances hold out]
beer
Posted By: ProSport

Re: Looking to 2018. What are you Building? - 12/30/17 06:37 PM

You guys have some awesome projects and upgrades.

I have no plans this winter except for some kind of trans protection such as a shorty blanket or something for track days.
I'll probably enjoy the Duster for one more Summer then sell it to move on to another project of some kind. I enjoy building them as much as I do driving or racing them.

Attached picture 20170925_151941.jpg
Posted By: 11secdart

Re: Looking to 2018. What are you Building? - 12/30/17 09:22 PM

Nothing much, I need new headers for 11secdart as present ones are worn and leaking going to order a new set of Tubular Automotive or TTI ones soon, get them coated and put them in, bought a line loc for the D150 and have to put that in too. Dart got a fresh trans, rear, rebuilt fuel pump and drag radials last season so except for the headers its ready to go.

Attached picture IMG_1068.PNG
Posted By: JACK1440

Re: Looking to 2018. What are you Building? - 01/01/18 05:35 PM

The plan is to get my block back from Mitchell, get (2) sleeves installed and start over. Switching to a external swinging pickup to get around the mess in the oiling system. After I had gotten the motor in the car the first time I came across a set of ported -1s so, they will be replacing the EZ-1's. I just had those flowed and they came back pretty good. They flowed 395/300 @ .800 and actually kept going to .900 @ 409/304 but, I'm going to stay around .800 lift. Should work pretty good on a 557". While all that is happening I have a spare 440 in the car that we will be running a new nostalgia series at Cecil County. Should be a fun year.

Ron, we can pass that intake to you once I get the big motor
Posted By: humpty

Re: Looking to 2018. What are you Building? - 01/01/18 06:46 PM

ProSport - that picture makes me want to take a road trip! I love that Duster!!

I'm hoping to not get too deep into the Duster this winter as I'm still licking my wounds from last year's thrash. Change out the 4.10's for some 4.30's, relocate the rear shocks and drop some weight. Otherwise I'm hoping to make many passes and get the 60's into the 1.3's.

Attached picture IMG_0409.JPG
Posted By: David_in_St_Croi

Re: Looking to 2018. What are you Building? - 01/03/18 02:16 AM

Trying to decide to crush it or replace the sheet metal that needs replacing. Will probably be hanging out in the restorations section for advice. Not like it will be a show car or anything. Trying to decide if worth it to swap over to RHD (Michelle is used to shifting with left hand) but at this point hoping does not break in half before moving into garage. That and replace solar panels after one got trashed in Maria, which led to deciding to replace all of them as maker out of business and was a scam so upgrading entire roof system (which overall worked out great as our life does not revolve around feeding generator as many people here does, more details when I have internet working well enough to post pictures, yes we are fully aware storm was the 19th September 2017 and it is 2 January 2018, best estimate was 2-3 weeks for new antenna). With new panels will have more power for same roof area so welder will not be a problem.
Posted By: LA360

Re: Looking to 2018. What are you Building? - 01/03/18 03:30 AM

A house
Posted By: Dragula

Re: Looking to 2018. What are you Building? - 01/03/18 03:38 AM

Originally Posted By sixpackgut
Originally Posted By Dragula

Those pieces should fit together nicely hammer

I like options, and have three cars right now....When you race, you have to have spares, even if they don't all match.
Posted By: Dibbons

Re: Looking to 2018. What are you Building? - 01/03/18 04:57 PM

My plans for 2018 are to finish my Mopar small block 305 CID "nostalgia" motor for my '72 Plymouth Satellite Sebring Plus.

Already have the custom billet 2.96" stroke (Bryant Racing) crankshaft at the machine shop. The .030 over 340 block is being decked for TRW dome pistons (L2322F) .017" out of the block. Custom (Cunningham) rods at 6.298" center to center length are also ready to go. Will use an old set of open chamber "O" cylinder heads (2.02 intake) with 273 adjustable rockers (Rocker Arms Unlimited) and a 340 ('68 manual profile, more or less) hydraulic camshaft (Oregon Cams). Factory correct 1972 Carter ThermoQuad with matching '72 factory cast iron intake manifold and factory '72 trap door air cleaner are also ready on hand (well, need to re-build the carb). Plain chrome (no Mopar logo) Direct Connection valve covers and Kevko 5 quart oil pan and pick-up round things out.

The only item up in the air at the moment are exhaust manifolds. May have to use the 318 manifolds from the original motor for starters.
Posted By: 383man

Re: Looking to 2018. What are you Building? - 01/03/18 06:25 PM

Originally Posted By JACK1440
The plan is to get my block back from Mitchell, get (2) sleeves installed and start over. Switching to a external swinging pickup to get around the mess in the oiling system. After I had gotten the motor in the car the first time I came across a set of ported -1s so, they will be replacing the EZ-1's. I just had those flowed and they came back pretty good. They flowed 395/300 @ .800 and actually kept going to .900 @ 409/304 but, I'm going to stay around .800 lift. Should work pretty good on a 557". While all that is happening I have a spare 440 in the car that we will be running a new nostalgia series at Cecil County. Should be a fun year.

Ron, we can pass that intake to you once I get the big motor

Thanks Jack as actually some one else offered to let me try an intake and carb that I am pretty sure will fit under my hood. But I will talk to you and your dad soon. Ron
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Looking to 2018. What are you Building? - 01/03/18 08:52 PM

Me thinks those stock 318 exhaust manifolds will restrict the exhaust flow on those 340 heads, unless you enlarge them. All the stock 318 exhaust manifolds I've seen have the center ports siamezed and all the 340 and 360 manifolds don't work scope
The first 340 motor I built for a customer years ago was going into a 1965 or 1966 Formula S Baracuda that had the hi Po 273 motor in it originally, I told the customer it would need a good set of headers and he ended up installing the motor with the stock 273 exhaust manifolds to get it running, needless to say it didn't run that good with that stock exhaust system on it down
He sold it and the next guy fix it with headers and dual exhaust up

Re: Looking to 2018. What are you Building? - 01/05/18 02:19 AM

Well the 2018 race season upgrades have been slow for me as I messed up my knee but it is slowly coming around. I ordered an ATI powerglide Super Case tonight and a Mopar bellhousing. It is going in my small tire car set-up with a 1.69 low gear to take some hit out of it. I bought Jason Digbys nitrous converter when he switched to turbos so its already sitting here as is a 300-700 Nitrous Solutions plate system. I hope to pull the small block on my bracket car asap to freshen up the engine after 3 seasons of limited use. I hope to upgrade it to a roller cam over the Winter. My Son Matt's engine is fresh so thats a GOOD thing. Aren't Winters great???
Posted By: Porter67

Re: Looking to 2018. What are you Building? - 01/05/18 02:35 AM

Interesting for such a heavy car and probably needing to spin a heavy piston hard.

Im working on a odd 318 block based 340 with some old but new trw flat tops above deck and even they are very heavy.

Originally Posted By Dibbons
My plans for 2018 are to finish my Mopar small block 305 CID "nostalgia" motor for my '72 Plymouth Satellite Sebring Plus.

Already have the custom billet 2.96" stroke (Bryant Racing) crankshaft at the machine shop. The .030 over 340 block is being decked for TRW dome pistons (L2322F) .017" out of the block. Custom (Cunningham) rods at 6.298" center to center length are also ready to go. Will use an old set of open chamber "O" cylinder heads (2.02 intake) with 273 adjustable rockers (Rocker Arms Unlimited) and a 340 ('68 manual profile, more or less) hydraulic camshaft (Oregon Cams). Factory correct 1972 Carter ThermoQuad with matching '72 factory cast iron intake manifold and factory '72 trap door air cleaner are also ready on hand (well, need to re-build the carb). Plain chrome (no Mopar logo) Direct Connection valve covers and Kevko 5 quart oil pan and pick-up round things out.

The only item up in the air at the moment are exhaust manifolds. May have to use the 318 manifolds from the original motor for starters.
Posted By: ric3xrt

Re: Looking to 2018. What are you Building? - 01/05/18 03:48 PM

1975 4x2 Ramcharger swapping over to a G3, My 05 Ram GTxtreme finally gets it's 426 G3 and aT-56 swap. and some other odds and ends.
Posted By: FastmOp

Re: Looking to 2018. What are you Building? - 01/05/18 09:00 PM

BOOST !!
Posted By: BobR

Re: Looking to 2018. What are you Building? - 01/05/18 09:08 PM

Originally Posted By Al_Alguire

Love the paint. Cool car. What class will you be running it in?

Re: Looking to 2018. What are you Building? - 01/05/18 09:39 PM

BobR just running top sportsman for now. Just an NA BB Mopar, so no power to keep up with fast cars. I may also run with Danny at his local big tire deal at LVMS.

Re: Looking to 2018. What are you Building? - 01/05/18 09:47 PM

Top Sportsman has been ruined in my area with IHRA going bracket Racing only. Getting a car capible of qualifying for a NHRA race plus travel expenses for the little payout makes it a dumb move. Big money bracket races is the future

Re: Looking to 2018. What are you Building? - 01/05/18 09:55 PM

Depends on what your goals are and where you live. I am fortunate enough to have the spring fling million in my backyard. After that it is a few hours away to hit another medium dollar bracket race. We had one in Salt Lake as well but this is the last year the track will be open. We don't have so many choices out west. Got to get in where you fit in. I have a car for big $$$ bracket racing already, the best tool and long skinny car. Not done chasing Wallys for me so TS it is. Aint for everyone for sure and doing it in a Mopar with Mopar power makes me extra extra stupid
Posted By: Quickrunner

Re: Looking to 2018. What are you Building? - 01/05/18 10:09 PM

I'd say respected not stupid Al
Posted By: CrAzYMoPaRGuY

Re: Looking to 2018. What are you Building? - 01/06/18 12:32 AM

I'm just getting back into cars, my biggest focus is finishing my Coupe which is well on the way now, and I bought a 1980 Cordoba LS for a daily I plan on pumping some mean into....
I bought a new tank for my Jensen, it will be a daily again soon...
Happy New Years MoPar bretheren!!!!!

Attached picture IMG_0548.JPG
Posted By: dartman366

Re: Looking to 2018. What are you Building? - 01/06/18 02:27 AM

updated harness,shove it off the jack stands and take it to Holts for a once over,,,,,,,,thats about it, too bad I can't fit the motorhome in the garage so I had somthing to do. LOL
Posted By: RADAMX

Re: Looking to 2018. What are you Building? - 03/14/18 01:43 AM

hoping to get this EFI conversion Tuned in

Re: Looking to 2018. What are you Building? - 03/14/18 01:52 AM

I am building another 416 with different
compression as a back up for my Rampage..
I hope I will be able to drive it.. had
some health issues
wave

Re: Looking to 2018. What are you Building? - 03/14/18 03:20 AM

Originally Posted By RADAMX

NICE up

Re: Looking to 2018. What are you Building? - 03/14/18 03:20 AM

Always something to do down here.
Posted By: moparjoe360.4

Re: Looking to 2018. What are you Building? - 03/14/18 01:07 PM

This is my 410 with 744 icon flat tops,ported 974 iron heads and 508/292 purple shaft. Should be a nice power gain over my old set up. I hope to have it in and running by the end of the month, then debut it at ChryslerPower race in Columbus.

Attached picture 5F321961-2EAF-408D-84FE-258B0A767AEC.jpeg
Attached picture F0507AFE-C4DC-455A-96E5-3EBF71CAFE81.jpeg
Attached picture E84040B5-67FB-4245-987A-0C1873AEDD1A.jpeg
Posted By: Biginchmopar

Re: Looking to 2018. What are you Building? - 03/14/18 06:17 PM

Cool Car! I like DIFFERENT!
Posted By: OUTLAWD

Re: Looking to 2018. What are you Building? - 03/14/18 06:21 PM

Not sure what this year will bring for me...Started a new job and bought project house in December, so the first half of winter has been hectic. Not living in the house yet, so rent + mortgage is limiting my fun funds, plus I will have to equip my new "shop" once we move in.

While my personal season might be limited, I should be travelling to a few national events for work, supporting the dark side...haha
Posted By: moetown

Re: Looking to 2018. What are you Building? - 03/15/18 12:06 AM

I just picked up a smoking deal on a new in crate tall deck cnc bowtie block for 1k last week. So now I am putting together a 632" bbc to replace my puny 496" and 548" stuff for my challenger.
I still need a powerglide.
I will paint the car by june, probably black.
Car should hit the track by september.
Posted By: 11secdart

Re: Looking to 2018. What are you Building? - 03/15/18 02:02 AM

Got the new TTi headers in, took the fuel pressure gauge off the cowl and took the Raceway Park Eliminator Win stickers off the car and the ETown sticker off my H.Q.C.

Attached picture IMG_1068.PNG
Posted By: RADAMX

Re: Looking to 2018. What are you Building? - 03/15/18 05:42 PM

Originally Posted By moetown
I just picked up a smoking deal on a new in crate tall deck cnc bowtie block for 1k last week. So now I am putting together a 632" bbc to replace my puny 496" and 548" stuff for my challenger.

HAha i know where you got that from .
Can't believe how small this world is.
Posted By: moetown

Re: Looking to 2018. What are you Building? - 03/15/18 07:37 PM

Originally Posted By moetown

HAha i know where you got that from .
Can't believe how small this world is.

That was me.
That shop had tons of killer vehicles in it and a bunch of nice guys.
That javelin looks amazing.

Somebody in phoenix got a deal on a used keith black hemi block n heads for 3500. Both ads were posted about the same time. It sold in about 2 hours, I had no chance at it.
© 2024 Moparts Forums