Quote:

As for Gbob's car...I think anyone who's been around drag racing enough should see that his 60ft (1.44 avg.) is leaving alot to be desired as far as E.T. is conscerned. But he's like me, gets to the track once in a while and doesn't like to work all day on the car so it takes time to sort a chassis out. Especially when it was a street car for so long.
And he still has not touched the timing (probably too low) or jetting (probably too rich).

All true, and that 1.440 is my best 60 ever. Average is more like 1.455 at fontana. I don't have a weather station, so I pull the track weather conditions after the fact from that internet site to put in my log book. I'm still trying to find the best tire pressure, shift points, etc. And timing (32 degrees) and jetting is the same as when it was dynoed in March in Indio (basically sea level).

I've had the car out a grand total of 5 times since putting the motor in.

After the first time out with it at Vegas, I had the converter tightened up (although the flash was loosened) as slippage calculators showed it to be in the 13-14% range. Also went to a 32" tall radial slick, a 4.56 gear, and put the spool in it.

Since then, I got three runs at 1/8th mile Barona, seven at a street legal day at fontana, 5 at a summit series race at fontana and then 4 at PAO at famoso this past weekend.

I think the converter needs more tightening and the flash needs to be dropped 3-400 rpm (currently at 58-5900). There is no shift recovery on the 2-3 shift, tach stayed at 6700 on the time I checked it. (Still have to remember to check shift recovery on the 1-2 shift, sure wish I had a playback tach). Slippage now is calc'ing out around 9%.

I know I have a lot of chassis tuning to do. First step is to get rid of the prostreet regular steel (with urethane ends) four-link bars. I'm in the process of getting the parts to have some 4130 bars with FK solid ends made. I also need to re-plot to see where the IC is now with the taller tires.

As a point of reference, my first run at PAO was a 9.995 @ 135.68.
60 ft was a 1.489.
Website said the DA at that time was 3,296, temp was 95, humidity was 22%.