Thats the article. Thats my buddy Robert Hendricks in the article that built the engine. I forgot the engine was that small and used the standard victors. After the build, Robert played with it some more with a different manifold and carb and I believe cam and made over 750. Anyways, that is the article. I mentioned the power that Robert made prior to that article coming out and everyone thought I was smoking something. Oh well, very good cylinder heads. I almost used those for an engine for Bob Mazz. but we gave up due to a lack of spring height so we ended up with B1 heads. The only issue I have with the Victors appears to be in the springs height limitation. I cant remember if there is a spring diameter problem though. However I am talking about VERY aggresive cam profiles as such would be used for SuperStock style engines.
It would have been nice if Edelbrock would have made them for taller 2.1ish spring installed height and 1.625 diam springs. The diameter may be fine, but the spring height is a no-go. If the spring issue wasnt an issue, I would think the "All-Out" Victor N/A build at 825hp Might be possible. Still a possibility, we didnt play with them long enough to see if we could remedy this apparent concern. .800 plus lift I think would require 2.1ish installed height if Im not mistaken. At least with Isky springs.

Last edited by sloan; 02/28/09 08:10 PM.

10.53 @ 125mph. 1.37 60 foot. Caltracs and Monoleafs, AFCO shocks.

Heads by INDIO MOTOR MACHINE; IMM.
CP Pistons, PC Carbs.