Originally Posted By Quickrunner
Originally Posted By sixpackgut
Originally Posted By Quickrunner
Eddlebrock has a new Gen3 intake that's supposed to be a notch better than the 6.1 intake.

From what Im gathering on that is that people are not picking up with the intake. Any serious guy probably had a ported 6.1 intake and they flow very well when ported. Next is the runner lenght and I think they are about the same so no real advantage

I just read somewhere that the design was more aimed at spinning things blowing air into the front of it, only slight like 20HP gain over a 6.1 intake in NA format. And that's probably a marketing number. I did look at it at PRI and it is a very nice piece considering what used 6.1's go for and this is a nice brand new casting.

This is the same thing that I gathered from it. I think it will be about the same as a ported 6.1. I'm already tricking out my 6.1 manifold and I will post pictures after I'm further along. It is stuff that hasn't been done before though.

I have learned though that you can't even talk with these LX forum guys. They are mostly guys that have others do their stuff and just like bolt on items. Forget anything custom.....blows their minds.