Been a while since I have posted anything significant. My car has been down for about two years now ever since blowing up my W8 engine due to oil pump failure. I bought a 572 wedge and invested a small fortune to make it how I wanted it just to find out it would not fit into my car (tried to figure out how to make it fit, but nothing makes sense).

Forward to a couple of months ago when I was at the Monster Mopar race at Norwalk. It occurred to me that these Gen 3 platform motors perform pretty good and seem very reliable. This is when I finally came across Triple Threats post on his bracket build. I have talked with Dustin and he has been a big help in the decisions I have made to this point. My goal was only to build something that would put my car in the 9.80 to 10.0 range and be something I could put 160 passes per year with almost no maintenance.

So, here is what I have at this point after accumulating parts for only 2 months.

New 6.1 Block, .005 over 4.060 bore
Molinar 4.050 stroke crank/6.125 Molinar rod
Diamond Custom pistons with 15cc domes
Factory 6.4 heads (ported by Ray Meyers)
Upgraded springs and retainers
Custom Comp Hyd Roller, same grind as Dustins
Manley timing set
Stock Rocker System
Stock 06 Coil Packs
Stock Valve Covers
Custom 1 7/8 to 2" stainless step headers

Now here is where it differs from Dustins build...
Ported and highly modified 6.1 intake (welded up and cut for 92mm front opening.
Holley Sniper 92mm LS throttle body
Holley 80 lb/hr injectors
Complete Holley EFI HP control system and harnesses

I'm going to put a stock flat hood back on my car as well.

My only problem is that my original ET goals will be blown away. I will probably have problems keeping my 2800 lb car out of the 9.30's