Originally Posted By RapidRobert
Yes reclock the intergear. stick a large screwdriver in the slot & twist it CW & see if it will rise up & over the teeth (1) notch then let it fall back down. If it is real tight you may need to use two thin stiff pieces of wire with an L bend on the ends to get it up off of its seat. things are tight in that area.

Ok I ordered ricks modified reluctor this morning, my drill bit started to get dull after a couple holes drilled into the reluctors I had and it got harder to drill a straight hole
That the roll pin would fit snug into, I don't have a drill press or even a shop
I was doing all of this in my driveway with a hand drill and vice, it was just pissing me off to the point of saying screw this, I had it some what close that one time but the rotor was a little too far forward after re-positioning the reuctor ccw about 20 degrees.
Ricks reluctor had holes drilled and is noted how many degrees, I'm thinking 10-15 degrees ccw and it would be pretty much spot on.
The slop that I'm feeing at the top of the shaft on the distributor is that just the advance springs? And is it normal?