Originally Posted By Twostick
Quote:
Billy, why didn't you chastise Jay for not using the bigger arm? It's good for Jay in a racing but not OK for the street?

Did he just type that out loud????

Kevin

YUP! He ranted about how you should build the biggest small block as you can/possible and ragged on me for what he percives as "Other thoughts" on the matter.
I think Jay does a fine job myself. Billy onthe other hand....just wants to throw crap and see what sticks.
I personally don't care what you build for the street or track. Your car, your way! If you want to have fun thrashing a 318 or a 600+ cubes, have at it. It doesn't matter to me. Just so long as your having fun with it.

According to Billy, if you can't afford the money on the biggest engine possible, your wasting time and shouldn't be in the game. Go back and read it yourself! It's there unless he did an edit.

Originally Posted By 1DGEMAN
Is this elementary school? This childishness needs to stop. Stay on subject or go away.

I'd like to stay on topic and help. Billy just wants to rag on. I agree, we should stick to the topic. Billy can not.

But lets stay on the actual topic of the original question asked. I'm all for it.
IMO, key words highlighted.

"Hey guys. Has anybody used a scat 408 kit. I am gonna be using some w2 heads and want the cubic inches. They were on a different 408 and made 640 hp. I don't want to get as crazy, but don't want to kill it right away. It will be used in my pro street satellite, mostly street, but some 1/8 mile passes. Thanks guys."

So what is the answer on the Scat kit?
None has answered that. AND, what exact kit is in question? BUT everyone has said make the move to bigger. The move to bigger is one I am not arguing. But that didn't answer the original question now did it?

AGAIN, most important part of the reply is highlighted. Which is;
"I have a beautiful block, really decent heads, all the valvetrain, pushrods, a new timing chain, an intake for the w2s, a set of headers, and a small block bellhousing. So I figured I could build a small block right now to get my car driving. I already need a crank and pistons, with what the heads are capable of, I should get good rods. I would like to know what kit is the best bang for the buck. I don't mind spending a little more to get more. But I am no millionaire."

HERE! This suggests to me that a stroker kit of more than a 4.00 arm should be recommended. I have spoke with Rod a while back. This is his contact info for anybody here that doesn't have it. Hope it is still correct.

Bloomer Performance Engineering LLC
32210 Redfield Street
Niles , MI 49120

Ph. (574) 340-5470
Fax. (574) 272-0807

NOW! IF you ask me, and I have not been asked what would I do in the case of wanting a larger than 4.00 arm crank, just re-read the contact info above again.

What I am still waiting for is the answer to the original question.
Also some stupid reply by Billy, which I'm sure it'll be a do-sey! Again.
Crossing my fingers on a "No reply" from him.