Originally Posted By Rob C

My question to is, why did you "Assume" so much of the thread starters question? It is a shame you didn't stop to think. You may not want to jump the gun next time and ask yourself what you just read and ask the thread starter some questions before assuming.

Rob,
I will continue to assume, jump the gun, and give advice. You know why...because this is a thread! A thread in which the OP is an active participant, so he can provide more info or ask other questions as he sees fit.

You state Rods kit gives you more cubic inches. Does the thread starter "Want more" cubic inches?
You said it is a no brainer for you. Does that mean anybody that doesn't want extra cubic inches is dumb?

Not dumb, ignorant. Big difference. If you and all your friends build 4" stroke combos and no one builds a 4.125 or 4.250 deal, how are you supposed to know you need more. The first time I went full throttle in 3rd gear on the street from a 30 mile an hour roll, I KNEW I'd never go back! Instant, gratifying , smile producing torque...it's a beautiful thing.

Is there a problem with Scats equippment that I'm unaware of where it fails after 550hp?

Yes, yes there is, and I'm surprised, considering how observant you are that you are unaware. Granted, My caviat is the assumption we are talking about the less expensive CAST CRANK kits. The crank eventually breaks. The harder and more often you race it, the quicker it will happen.

Your suggesting that he spend more money on better equipment. While I support the notion of using the best equipment available, and I really mean it, purchase the best of what ever you get, IF you can, BUT some of us that actually live in the real world and don't frivolously spend others peoples money via the internet have a wallet to contend with.

Sermon over.

Rob,
My brothers and I have built many cars for other people, and we've never spent a dime frivolously, when it's not our money. I live in the real world, I have a 1100 square foot house with a carport, and drive 10 year old paid off cars, so I can spend my money on Hot Rods. That is a life choice I made over thirty years ago, and I've never regretted it once. All the advice I give is first hand, and I'm telling you as plainly as I can, A BPE 428 short block is miles better than a 408/416, especially in a street car.

This is similar to the same debate with big blocks, where everyone is quickly moving away from the 4.15 stroke stock rod bearing to the 4.25 stroke 2.20 bearing combo.

It was a good sermon, I appreciate your concern. I will continue to make assumptions, and get my hand slapped.

mopar-chrysler-2015-drag-week-04 - Copy.jpg

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines