Originally Posted By poorboy
Looks like they fit like they were made for that location. LOL!

Was dimpling the tube for starter clearance an issue with the header build, or the fixture you sent them, or was it for clearance during installation?

At this point, would you go this route again?
Gene

I am pretty sure it is the result of the mock up moving during shipping. For example, the tube for cylinder #2 seems to have moved closer towards the valve cover at the turn down towards the collector. I struggled getting the mock up rigid enough to prevent movement in this area during its construction. It doesn't take much movement at the header flange to make a big difference 8-12 inches away from that point.
The PVC was touching the starter when I did the mock up. I had hoped that the difference in O.D. between the schedule 40 pvc and the 1 7/8" primary tubes of the final product would provide sufficient clearance. It would have been very tight under the best of circumstances. I had figured on possibly having to dimple a bit. I had the UPS store package the mock up for shipment, so I did not control that part of it.
I have since dimpled the tube for the starter clearance, and may contact the fabricator tomorrow to see about modifying the header. It isn't bad at this point, and I am not sure it is worth the hassle. In short, I would do it again, but probably would consider making a jig to hold the mockup securely for shipping to ensure no movement. I considered it prior to sending this set, but got in a hurry/lazy.