The headers have arrived. I hope to trial fit them in the car tomorrow...

Mike P- “The tunnel looks good. Once you get carpet on it it will look like it was always that way.

Just noticed, was that a stick car you changed the column in or an automatic car you changed the dash on (to eliminate the shifter pod)?”

Thanks. My car was an automatic with the two speed powerflite. I have been running a TF727 with a manual valve body and Lokar shifter for the last15 years or so.

Moparx- "you did a good job on the tunnel, and the shifter looks like it grew there. as was said, after the carpet is laid down, it will look like "factory". i know the deal about bending a tunnel without a slip roll, as i did my driveshaft and transmission transition tunnel sections the old fashion way by wrapping around anything that was the shape i needed to get what i wanted. and using 16ga. material, that was a mighty chore indeed ! then after it was completed, i stumbled into a power slip roll that was disassembled and being tossed in the junk ! well, that was grabbed, and almost 100% of the parts were there. and it works great ! but if only i had it then........."

Thanks. It seems like you never have the right tools for the job, no matter how many tools you have.

Old Ray- "Thank you for posting, ......it keeps a lazy old dog motivated!

So much so that my Dakota is finally in the early stages of disassembly."

Your welcome. I seem to benefit from doing a little bit as often as possible, rather than long marathon sessions of building activity. I dont burn out as easily. Good luck with your project.