Originally Posted By challenger73400
Thanks for the pics and info, I'm going to run into some of the same hurdles as I'm doing a 90 dakota front clip, 5.7 nag1 from a 05 magnum. I might need to start a build thread.

I am sure a build thread would be appreciated by others. There is more than one way to do just about everything. In a perfect world I would have built/bought a frame fixture table and probably done away with the factory frame all together. For a time, I considered doing a back half, which would have left so little left of the OEM frame I even started to consider a full tube spec chassis. At the time I was limited to a 20x20 garage that had to house the project, tools, hot water heater, and clothes dryer, in a neighborhood where driveway projects would not be tolerated. A lack of room, time, and money led to the path I chose. Your biggest decision will be how to locate and hole the portions of frame for attachment and welding. Again, a fixture table would be great. I went with measuring where the frame of the plymouth sat at ride height, and the same with the dakota stub. I then welded square tubing to the sections of frame to hold the heights and angles.

Last edited by 5280Dart; 09/07/16 02:00 PM.