Originally Posted By DaytonaTurbo
Originally Posted By ojcool
AHEM. No, switching the LA intake onto the magnum engine is not really a do-able situation. The LA intake sits much deeper in the valley and even by "hogging out' the bold holes to make it work it would be highly UNLIKELY that you would be matching the ports to the magnum head. It would be a really hack job install.

Guys used to adapt LA intakes to magnums all the time. Years ago there used to be a jig floating around to redrill the magnum heads to accept the LA intake bolts.

No, I mean NOT redrilling the Magnum heads but "hogging out" the bolt holes of the intake to work. Some other forums claim that can be done. I might be possible, but it isn't very good. Apparently there was a hotrod magazine build that did this instead of drilling the heads.

The other issue I have run into is the Magnum oil pan does not work in the 91 Dakota body style. It hits the crossmember and the oil drain plug would be "in" the crossmember even if it didn't. So, that is another major hiccup I have hit. I'm just swapping the oil pans and oil pump pickups "at least I'm trying" but I'm not even sure that is going to work with finding the right oil pan gasket to use. The magnum gasket does not seem to work (my dad went to the parts store with the LA oilpan and that is what he is saying) I wasn't there so I can't be sure about that.