Originally Posted By Old Ray
Thank you challenger 73400 for posting (and 5280 Dart). I am so glad to have found this site and your posts.

I am starting on a similar project on ‘56 two door wagon (Plodge) this spring using a ‘92 dakota frame clip and magnum engine.

Do you think that if I (you) used the dropped spindles right off the get go, the front frame rails would be where you want them?

Please continue to post your progress and pictures, and once again, thank you for posting, You probably have a good idea of how invaluable and important posts of this kind are. up

Yw, Hopefully others can find something that will help with their project. I know post like 5280 Dart and a few others helped me get this far.

Here's the Trans cross member modified to support the NAG1.

If I would have used 2" drop spindles from the start and not rotated the Dakota section, The front end would have ended up 1" lower then it is now. Rotating the Dakota section raised the K member about an inch in relation to the 58 frame. The front of the car appears to be about where the stock 58 front end was before I took everything apart.
I can't advise on you project but I'm happy about the direction I went on mine so far. Where you splice the frame and how you splice it together will also play into final ride height.

cross member.jpg
Last edited by challenger73400; 01/21/17 10:00 PM.