Originally Posted By minivan
Originally Posted By AAR#2
Originally Posted By 6PakBee
. . .As to skill level, I got the impression that this is a lot like working with body filler. If you can successfully work with that, you can successfully do this. Sound about right?

Close, I'd say its like being buffing out a car in the sense your using a rotary buffer, you need the same pressure, overlapping strokes, and good control/awareness as you sand.

But it is like body filler in the sense you ultimately want smooth transitions between sanded surfaces.

Except you don't have much of a chance of the "body filler" exploding like tempered glass will....

I am one of the glass guys who says this cannot be done..

Big reason is 3K or 40 hours for most people...

Glad to hear of a way to do it if someone wants to invest that kind of money or time in something that there is no guarantee it wont explode or be too far damaged to bring back....

I understand your skepticism, as I too thought this a near impossible task. My back window was pretty bad, lots of damage and a few pretty deep. Keeping heat out is a concern but was actually pretty easy by working a large section of glass, of course if you work a smaller section, a small mist bottle of water helps to keep things cool. Of course you can't lean heavy like your grinding on a steel table and expect to not have issues. Think finess rather than bull in a china shop

Did you watch the videos??