The final stage of the process would be polishing the glass. This process is laborious, don't be fooled to think your finished in the short term as you may be by immediately noticing the glass clear within the first hour of polishing. However, upon closer inspection you will see very light rotary swirls and something that appears like glass thats not quite cleaned correctly, almost a smudgy look.

Unsure if this would ever be removed completely I contacted Conn (the gentlemen who had answered all my other questions, from the polish shop) and he assured me to continue polishing to restore the glass finish.

I continued for the next 2 days, each time becoming more happy with the results. Ultimately finishing the glass with results I am pleased with and certainly ones that 99.9% (maybe more) will be unable to detect anything was performed while looking through the almost perfect glass.

So heres a few pointers;
- Do not to this if you have been known to be all thumbs, heck, you better be pretty skilled if you want good results.
- Don't do this is you don't have good patience and drive
- Order extra pads, all of them, the Reds hold up pretty well, but the Greens and particularly the Blues burn up quick.
- Order extra polishing compound, you use a lot
- Sand dry
- Polish wet (to keep heat out), its also easier to keep heat down doing a large area
- Wear an apron, and don't do it near anything you can't clean up with water.

The real thrill here is YOU CAN SAVE THAT PIECE OF ORIGINAL DATED GLASS !!!

Special thanks to The Glass Polish Shop and Conn for sticking it out with me answering all my questions

IMG_3356 copy.jpgIMG_3352 copy.jpgIMG_3355 copy.jpgIMG_3357 copy.jpg