I don't see much on this forum about glass restoration, so though I'd post up my experience to provide others with hope . . . or dismay, depending on your personality.

So we've all seen or spoken to someone who has used cerium oxide, likely in an Eastwood kit. I was warned by many that if I could catch my fingernail in any of the scratches I would never be able to remove it by polishing. Heck, even some scratches that you can't catch won't be removed.

Of course I wanted to salvage my original date coded glass and while the side glass was in pretty good shape, the front and rear glass was well beyond repair based on what I'd been told.

So after a bit of searching I found a place called "Glass Polish Shop" based out of Ireland. (http://www.glasspolishshop.com) I watched their videos, all of them, and was convinced I may be able to restore my glass if the product worked as well as advertised in the video. So I ordered the Glass Scratch Repair Starter Kit along with some extra pads and polish. Heck, if I could save my original for under $100 I was going to be thrilled.

Kit arrived and I started by tuning up my skill with the drivers door glass as it was the worst of the good glass. I had pretty good success but was disappointed in some of the imperfections after polishing. My disappointment wasn't from the ability to remove a scratch but from the almost undetectable ripple when you inspect the glass reflection at an angle almost parallel to the glass surface. But since the glass was clear, super polished, and no defect could be detected from almost all angles it was hard not to be happy.

I watched the video's again, e-mailed their support staff and asked tons of questions. They were exceptionally helpful and always answered back in a timely fashion. I was convinced (OK, I suspected, but wasn't sure) I could do better by grinding the entire surface of the glass more like they did in the coffee table video. So sink or swim I decided to take on the mother of scratched windows, my rear glass (Photo's attached)

I decided I would post up my experience, good or bad to help others since I turned up empty on the topic performing searches on MOPARTs in the past.

First thing I discovered was it's really hard to take photo's of scratches and defects in glass, even really bad glass like mine. So I decided to place blue tape everywhere I found a defect that needed to be removed, if you look closely there is tape on both the front and back of the glass and after starting this effort I quickly began to group my areas to try and show the magnitude of the damage. Additional pics show close ups of the areas by the tape. While only a few pictures you get the idea

IMG_3214 copy.jpgIMG_3215 copy.jpgIMG_3217 copy.jpgIMG_3219 copy.jpg