Almost forgot to mention, doing the entire face yielded outstanding results, when following reflections on the glass there is no detectable distortion when viewing straight or almost any other angle. There is very, very small distortion when viewing almost parallel, so small in fact I highly doubt anyone will be able to notice even if you ask them to look for it. The key here may be to inspect your glass and note the distortion levels from the factory curves prior to starting so you don't imagine things as better or worse than your start point.

As I stated previously, this is not for those lacking in skill, determination, or patience. Best I remember I guess to have about 35 - 40 hours and about $100 in material to do this piece of glass. Perhaps the reason you may be hard pressed to find a shop willing to perform the task when you consider new glass cost would be a bargain when compared to labor rates to restore a piece. That said my remaining pieces combined won't equal the hours to do this piece.

Hopefully this thread will allow those with the ambition and skill set to consider saving there original glass.