Originally Posted By Dragula
Originally Posted By Monte_Smith
Hopefully nobody. Not sure why anyone would want such a thing.

Several companies, us included make one with a plate under the TB with regular injectors, but can't see the need for true TBI with 4500 size air flow

So a 4150 rated for 1200hp is ok, but us guys that want the same thing without an adapter in a 4500 is not...Logically, your argument makes no sense...I can't understand why you wouldn't.

To me and most companies I might add, TBI is something for the average guy, who takes the carb off his streeter and wants an easy drop on EFI replacement. Not many fit that bill with a Dominator flange. Most want TBI to LOOK like a carb. Now as I said earlier, we are in development of a billet throttle body with a 4500 flange that will sit on top of a billet plate that holds 8 injectors that will be on an angle and spray down in the plenum. But those are our only plans on anything resembling TBI with a Dominator flange.

As for the 1200hp version of the 4150, I assume you are referring to the Sniper. It already has 8 injectors in that fully contained unit. There is room for no more, nor is there a larger injector that fits within those confines, so the throttle body is supplying all the fuel it can. One for a 4500 would have to be totally redesigned and if it looked the same, it still couldn't support more power because of the injector limits.........so whats the point.

Because you need one and don't want to run an adapter, doesn't make it feasible for us to build it. That would be a low sales product

Last edited by Monte_Smith; 06/17/16 02:05 AM.