I think it's a no-brainer to run EFI on these big Hemis (if you have the $$$). I have most of the parts to build a 604. My plan is to run two of the EZ-EFI throttle bodies on a Stage V dual-quad intake. I already have the EZ-EFI single quad kit and a dual quad upgrade kit. Yes - I'd rather run a dry manifold but I already have the parts for a wet manifold setup. Most engine builders I talked to suggested that the Stave V inline dual quad was a better design than the Indy Modman. The Modman is completely open in the plenum (all 8 ports) and just has short stubs that lead to the ports in the head. The Stage V has a front 4 cylinders plenum and a back 4 plenum with a smallish rectangular hole connecting the two plenums. The Stage V port matched to the heads is the way I plan to go. Plus Tim at FHO has a Shaker baseplate that fits the Stage V intake manifold carb spacing. I'd also like to get a good look at the new Eddy dual quad HEMI manifold.

I'm not sure if the EZ-EFI ECU will handle the low vacuum of a big roller cam. You might have to go to the FAST XFI ECU or Sportsman XFI. I haven't read enough about the FiTech to understand if low vacuum is a problem for that ECU. The EZ-EFI self-learning code sees that low vacuum and thinks that you have your foot on the gas pedal. I would have thought that the TPS (Throttle Position Sensor) would override the low MAP signal in the self-learning code and the ECU would know that you are just trying to idle. I've discussed this with Rich (Fastmanefi) and he told me that big cam low vacuum is an issue for the EX-EFI ECU.

I'm also waiting to read more about the Carlisle give-away HEMI. That's a 572 with dual quad EFI. I heard that it made high 800's HP at 6200 RPM and 700+ torque from 4000-6200 RPM. HP #'s were still climbing but since they used a hydraulic roller, they shut it down at 6200. That motor has the Eddy heads which out of the box, flow as good as my MCH ported Stage V Heads frown See: http://www.hotrod.com/how-to/engine/1603-win-this-hemi-part-1-the-572ci-short-block/

Somebody mentioned COP (Coil On Plug) ... the coils used in the Ford Coyote fit right into my Hemi spark plug tubes and connect to the spark plug. I was thinking of using the Coyote coils sold by AEM along with their "puck" that does crank and cam timing signals. You can pretty easily modify an old distributor to mount the puck and you get a clean solution for 24x crank and 1x cam signal. Then wire all that into the FAST EFI ECU and you're in the 21st century!!

1972 Pro-Street 'Cuda, 500" Eagle stoker B Block, Eddy RPM heads, Victor Manifold, 850 Mighty Demon, Hemi 4 Speed, Dana 60 w/4.88 gears - Built by Hansen Racing Middlesex - NJ