Originally Posted By Ice~Eagle

Ram air busted: because it does not exist, for the following reasons:
- Air is incompressible at any automobile speed (I.e. speeds less than Mach 0.3).
meaning that the kinetic energy of the air cannot be used to compress the air and
raise the static pressure.
- The “ram air” nozzles commonly employed on automobiles tend to be the wrong
shape. A divergent nozzle is required for ram air. Straight-profile scoops cannot
provide a ram air effect.
Select one of the two types of intakes, warm air, or cold air. Beyond that its just about
looks."
Reference https://www.physicsforums.com

eek

We must have a failure to communicate here. I wonder if those egg heads are getting hung up on the street meaning of "ram", to me in our application, it only means raising the general air pressure in the vicinity that feeds the carb or whatever, anything that does that in our hobby qualifies to me as "ram", if we aren't splitting hairs. We raise the inlet pressure all the time, sometimes lower it un-intentionally, hence all the comments as to the carb needs tuning for fair comparisons. I pretty much lost interest at the "Incompressibility" at less then mach 3 comment.

Reality check, that half the population is smarter then 50% of the people and it's a constantly contested fact.