Originally Posted By redmist
Bump to the top!!!

Add me to the list of folks who can't get the box centered. This is one of the new "Smaller" boxes.

I have it installed on a QA1 K. I had to add a washer on the outboard mounting bolt to get the box to even be close to engaging the coupler from Bergman.

Now it's all in, and it has a nasty angle from the steering shaft to the box. Not a big deal...

However!

I also now have the tie rods that can't be adjusted into spec. The passenger side is bottomed out of adjustment and can't get to spec. The wheel is still toed in. The drivers side is adjusted way out, and can get to spec, but the length difference between each tie rod is almost 2"!!

To correct this issue, I would need to shim the double bolt side of the box. This would put the input as such an extreme angle that the Bergman coupler would have to have the dust shield/gasket removed to even engage the splines in the box.

I am thinking my only option is to remove the pitman, grind out the four master splines, and install the pitman one spline out of phase.

It is a dang small box though!
You need to un-couple your coupler and center your pitman and idler so they are equal distance from the frame rails, then put on the coupler with your steering wheel centered. The set screw on the coupler DOES NOT align with the flat on the input shaft EVER.

Mopar to the bone!!!