Quote:

The factory coupler isn't really there for that. It's there to account for chassis flex in the system not poor engineering.

I wouldn't call is "poor engineering".

If what you are saying is true, the shaft would not have any ability to rotate in the coupler, it would be a solid sliding part. I agree the factory installations all appear straight, but I bet they are not if they were measured accurately.
The fact of the matter is the new box is narrower between the shafts center to center than the OE box.
The way I see it you have a couple choices. Stay in the dark ages being the only make with 60 year old steering, use the new box and get over that visual part of the angle that doesn't present any operational malfunction or design, market and engineering something better.
I'm all ears!

1. the shaft doesn't rotate in the stock coupler, it slides and it only slides.

[image]http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/attachment.php?attachmentid=1714585377&stc=1&d=1358819324[/image]

2. The Delphi box is still recirculating ball, just like my "60 year old" design box. It is just calibrated different. If it were "modern" it'd be rack and pinion.

3. The Delphi box's ratio is 14:1, OEM is 14.7:1, not real difference.

4. The Delphi box is smaller and lighter.

5. For half the price I can get FF to rebuild my box, recalibrate the feel and have it fit properly.

6. if I wanted the most room I'd run R&P.

They say there are no such thing as a stupid question.
They say there is always the exception that proves the rule.
Don't be the exception.