Quote:

Quote:

I have now ordered and paid up for a replacement steering box. 750 dollars plus shipping. Will post outcome once installed.

any updates on this?

I did install the replacement box, but alignment issues remained with no change.

I then built a an 1/8th inch shim out of steel stock and inserted it between the steering box and K member on the 2 hole mounting side of the box. This is discussed in detail on another thread that I had initiated on this topic. If anyone is interested I will post a link to that one.

All is perfectly well now,,except minor issue of 1/2 inch difference in tie rod lengths left to right side. Adding a very slight thickness to this shim will likely address this.

Returned one box to Borgeson asking for refund of charge for the box plus shipping charges each way(close to 100 dollars).

They returned the 750 dollars for the steering box charge,,,,but not the shipping charges. Not dealing with Nordstrums, Costco or Summit here,,,I call it a day and moved on. Box and car now performing to initial expectation,,,albeit some 9 months and a few hundred dollars beyond what was anticipated.

8355487-image.jpg (292 downloads)
Last edited by Sxrxrnr; 12/08/14 04:10 PM.