Originally Posted By LaRoy Engines
Originally Posted By Adam71Charger
Alright, after 2 weeks of waiting got the block bored and honed +30, tanked and new cam bearings. Confirmed today.

In the meantime I was able to turn a good profit on the stuff I wouldnt be re-using from the engine. So, I decided to invest in some extras.

Tod at Marsh Performance is preparing some 84cc sidewinder heads with a bowl blend and isky springs for a solid cam and is setting me up with an adjustable 1.6 rocker/shaft kit for a good price. He says the springs will handle up to low 6 lift.

Got 440 source stock replacement forged rods, got my steel crank turned 10/10, and Ive found some TRW/Speed pro 6-pack pistons #L2355F.

So this is where Im at now, picking a cam. I cant find any information online about the max lift I can use with these pistons.

Calling a few cam grinders but always like to hear ya'lls opinions on cam selection.

Will probably be close to 10:1 without touching the decks and using the felpro .039 gasket. Would like to use thinner gasket, but don't know if its wise.. In fact, Ive been urged to zero deck the block which Id love to but dont know if I can afford it.

Another example, I didn't have to recut the pistons until I went to the solid roller.

old 440 with 6-pack pistons

All your links and information has been very helpful along the way, thank you