Quote:
Actually, I have not seen a set of 3.08's for a 60 since 1983 when I bought the 5.57's for my car. I remember thinking who would use that gear? It's worthless to me. If they don't make it today, it's because no one wanted it.

I will never understand how people calculate gear ratio, especially the auto guys. They gear too tall and force the converter to slip and then say the engine rev's too high. Obviously, I don't care for automatics either.

I can't think of a single use for a 3.54 gear for a muscle car oriented set up. It's not a camry.

Please let all the manufacturer's know which parts you don't approve of so they can stop production immediately! And feel free to make a list of how you want us to build our cars, you crack me up.
Hopefully you'll be cruising around my neighborhood so I can show you how well 3.23 gears work with a stroked big block.
Not to mention the maroon colored Dart here on Moparts that runs 9.50's with a 3.54 gear. I hope he built the rest of his car to your expectations. Are you running less than 318 cubes with your 557 gears? eyes

1970 Challenger, all aluminum 528 Hemi, HDK suspension, Tremec 5 speed manual