Originally Posted By rapom
That being said. I don't see how you will be able to use the unit as a six speed. It has a slight delay when it shifts. How do you expect to shift back down exactly when you shift up to 2nd gear. I just use it as an overdrive and I will use it to split 2 and 3 gear when racing.

According to their website, overdrive in 1st is auto when you engage it:

"Another great feature of the GEAR VENDORS is that you will have a full 6 forward ratios when you switch to manual on the dashswitch. Pull into low, then hit our button (on the shifter or the floor), a red light appears indicating our Auto-Launch circuit - as you are accelerating through 1st gear the overdrive will automatically shift to 1st-over. This is directly related to the rear end ratio in the car - so that a 4.56 rear car shifts earlier than a 3.55 etc. If you have a 3.25 or 3.55 rear this brings a whole new level of performance and has a whole bunch more torque multiplication than you have ever felt in your car before. With a 3.55 rear for example the torque multiplication in 1st-over is more than 4.56 diff car would have in 2nd - awesome performance gains. After you have revved up in 1st-over then shift to 2nd and turn us off. Then rev back up and hit the button for 2nd-over for the same benefit (that 3.55 example now get a 4.01 gear)."

Last edited by 2ndopp; 11/20/15 04:45 PM.