Nascar limits teams to how many times they can test and on which tracks they can test on.

I can rationalize the thoughts behind limiting testing, (not let the mega funded teams test thier cars into the ground, while a lesser funded team will "test" while they are trying to qualify for a race).

I wonder though, its 4 days per team or driver, so force has 4 cars, for 16 days allowed (4 for each car? or is it 4 days total for all 4 cars? Its shared information in that team...

What I see through the haze is this... NOW if I want to see a top fueler, or funny car, I HAVE to go to an NHRA National event, because the booked in night of fire type races and a team making 3 passes in one day for XX amount of dollars just died. and the days of people like Del Worsham sliding over to an IHRA race are done, 3 days at an IHRA race and 3 testing days gone for NHRA purposes. I bet theyd rather test and get more runs in.
I think NHRA just put a little hurt on IHRA racers and stopped the likes of people like Bruce Litton from coming to NHRA without being fined before he even makes a run down the track. Litton chases IHRA points,lets hypothetically say he races 5 races in IHRA, shows up at the US Nationals, they say 5 races, at 3 days each, 15 testing days, youre allowed 4, youre 11 over what we allow, youre fined $XXXXX, thats a pretty hefty entry fee.

NHRA tracks will speak up, IHRA tracks will speak up, PRO will speak up, I bet there will be an ammendment on this down the road.