Quote:

Quote:

slantzilla, tell me whats different about wrecking at an outlaw track vs an NHRA one??

Insurance and medical assistance. Most of the outlaw tracks I have raced at did not have an ambulance on site, or anywhere nearby.

My expierence with insurance is minimal, but I know enough to know that paying for it is one thing and actually collecting it is another.

Ive never seen a track without an ambulance or something of the sort. It seems to be a requirement of the track's insurance rather than the sanctioning organization, however thats not my most knowledgable subject either.

One thing I recall is that when you enter a NHRA national event, you have to pay extra $$$ (I think it was $100 more??, can someone clarify how much it is?) on top of the regular entry fee. Isnt that odd since your membership is supposed to offer you insurance in the event of personal injury at a National event? They certainly dont pay for your car, thats for sure.

Addionally odd as well is that when you pay for that insurance and your entry fees, never once do you receive a copy of the policy. Anyone????

and again, purchasing insurance is one thing, and collecting it is another.