why are you discussing TF tires? it is the PS that were forced to use only one tire and it's a BS decision imho (which doesn't matter). if GY wasn't making profit one way or the other they'll pull out in a new york minute. believe me if there was a ihra track nearby i'd be racing there instead of a nhra track. i work in a refinery and get tired of hearing the word safety thrown around like a two dollar hooker at a port of call. the speed limit in the refinery was 20mph then they dropped it to 15...why stop there? how about 5mph or better yet how bout we just walk everywhere. we have 17 pages of procedures on how to ride a frickin bicycle for crying out loud. saftey, saftey, saftey god i get sick of hearing that. these people aren't concerned for my PERSONAL safety it's business. racing is hazardous by nature and if you're not willing to accept some level of personal risk and responsibility you should be golfing. limiting the racers to one brand of tire is just plain stupid why not let the market (and racers) decide?