Originally Posted By Cab_Burge
Did the BHJ fixture duplicate the Mopar engineering specs. or did BHJ make some corrections on thier tooling to fix the errors they thought Mopar made originally? confused
I don't even understand what kind of question you are trying to ask, or what you are confused about. Every block has a print of where things are supposed to be. You build tooling to put those holes where they are supposed to be. Are you trying to imply that every block that comes out of a worn out core box at the factory, has things where they are supposed to be? Or that the factory tooling on mass produced engines was perfect............exactly what are you trying to ask.

I stated I NEVER saw a factory block of ANY make, have all the lifter bores where they were supposed to be...........you can take that any way you want, but it seems pretty clear cut. Same as you rarely ever see a factory block that is the design print deck height, nor ever see one that the decks are parallel and square to crank centerline. Factory machining, is simply factory machining. Why you think some factory motors CAME with a bigger lifter here and there. It's not because they made an oops and reamed it too big. Its because it was not where it was supposed to be and then to get it round, they had to make it bigger