Originally Posted By Cab_Burge
I had one 440 block bushed years ago, my new Koleno block is bushed. I've built and raced lot of different Mopar V8 motors over the last 40 yrs and I had several loose oil pressure due to valve train failures, some of them needed several rod bearings replaced and some didn't after inspecting them work confused. If it wasn't so darn expensive to have them machined and bushed I would do all my motors that where going to be raced thumbs I do try to measure how much clearance from the lifter bores to the lifters it has, if it exceeds .0025 I don't use that block for a race motor shruggy Mopar use to sell oversize (both hydraulic and solid) lifters but not anymore that I'm aware of whiney
What time and price are your local machine shops quoting you? I'm almost positive I paid a little over $900.00 total for that 440 block back in the early 2000s to be done. Your choice shruggy
Cab, not sure what he would charge to do it,this is one of the items I want to discuss with him when we sit down and make out a work order to get things rolling, I know the machinist who did my small block charged $600.00 for that operation.

Light travels faster than the speed of sound,,,this is why some people seem bright untill you hear them speak.