Before I ordered my Lenco ST1200 5spd, I called Liberty, Gforce, and Jerrico, and they all told me that their transmissions are race only, and not street-able...I called Tim Hyatt, and he confirmed what I was told. The face plated TKO's are not good for much over 6,000 rpm's, and are difficult to shift under a lot of power. That was what I was told.

Lenco tells me that the ST1200 is very street-able, and since I have a heavy car (GTX) 3750 lbs with driver, the Lenco is my best option. Tim Hyatt is building me a street/strip long style clutch to handle the power I will be adding to the car at a later date.

Right now I have an engine that is in the 680hp range, and when my other engine is finished, it will be in the 800 hp range.

If anyone has any pics of their Torsion bar mount mods, I would be interested in seeing them.

Jeremiah, Lenco also told me that the ST1200 can be downshifted very easily, and that what I was looking for too. I think you could adapt an electric pump, hoses, and a transmission cooler to the lenco, since the fluid flows through all of the segments. what do you think?

Mark

Last edited by lockjaw-express; 12/14/15 10:51 PM.