Not sure where I fit either. I am at a track somewhere most every weekend and may be working on one car, or ten, or more. Those cars may range from a COPO stocker, with a Holley ECU, to a blown alky Pro-Mod and everything in between. My duties will range from tuning, to chassis setup, to sometimes driving. If the owner can't get it down, I WILL get in the car myself to see if it is him or the setup. Also have guys who bring me cars and say "just call me when it runs X and I will come get it". I plumb manifolds, do EFI conversions, wire cars, do chassis setups, build motors and do the occasional driving for some grudge guys, although I don't consider myself a "hired gun" and would just as soon tune it. In the shop right now.......a 10" tire car from Canada, with a EFI 525 and nitrous. A Firebird street car with a 525 pro-charger motor and FAST EFI. An outlaw radial car being wired for EFI.........Just finished a PDRA Top Sportsman car, EFI conversion.............Going to New Zealand in December for two weeks to tune on an EFI nitrous car with a 900" motor.

While I still have MY car, with my schedule of working on everyone elses car, I guess I can't currently call myself a "racer" as I don't have time to race it