Ok guys now that I've put some miles on my new Duster I've realized that I need to take more gear out of the car for those longer distance car shows.

I have a stroked big block with alot of torque, 727, 3.55 gears, and 28" tires(275/60/15), converter is a 9.5" Dynamic. It is great around town but when I hop on the highway it gets a little annoying to me since I had a car with a 6 speed manual before.

On a 55 mph road I'm around 2500 RPM's, on the highway at 60 I'm at 2800 RPM's.
I cannot afford an overdrive or a manual trans right now, there's a place near me that can cut a converter apart and re-stall it for less than $200, sometimes with 3 people in the car I can feel the converter slip a little, but my highway RPM's indicate that it locks up fairly well at speed.

So I'm thinking that for around $400 I could switch to 3.23 gears and have the converter tightened up a little. Maybe this would put me at around 2300-2400 at 60 MPH?
What do you guys think? This car is a blast, just trying to make it a little more drivable as we are starting to venture out to more and more car shows/cruises.
Thanks.

20150520_153753.jpg

1970 Challenger, all aluminum 528 Hemi, HDK suspension, Tremec 5 speed manual