My last post guys...

Monte: I believe you like Holley EFI, and I tuned FAST for 10 years. Well, I just became a Holley EFI certified dealer and spent an entire week at Holley (3 diplomas :^)) I have wanted to run alpha-N at idle for years but FAST can't automatically switch back to Speed Density - but Holley CAN! It's the Holley-preferred tuning technique for radically cammed motors that want to be driven on the street. I will explain the technical reasons in a paper that will soon be posted on my Technical Info page.

I have tuned many race engines including several blown alcohol and turbo motors and I have always used only Speed Density. No issues. But I wasn't concerned about the low end drivability. Start - stage - WOT. Controlling the injection end angle is a critical part of the equation which tuners will use if their system can do it (both Holley and FAST can).

Gregs: The laws of physics are the same, but EFI can use the capabilities a little bit better. On my dyno I tuned race motors with carburetors and produced good power. After those engines were converted to a smart EFI system I made about the same max power but I was able to tame the idle a bit using the above techniques with no cam change. In a race motor you design the cam for the engine/head combo and then tune as required.

Trendz: Yes

A wide LSA cam is a way for an EFI system that cannot do these things to run better on the street simply because idle is better. Its not much more complicated than that.

Last edited by Mopar_Rich; 07/03/15 01:24 PM.