The idea of going wide on LSA to get a decent running motor with EFI just doesn't sound right to me. When did the laws of physics change and ram tuning go away with EFI? From what I have learned, overlap and LSA are dependent on how well a motor breathes at overlap. Better breathing, wider LSA. Poor breathing, narrow LSA. The air doesn't care where the fuel comes from, or how. Examples- Gen3 Hemi, VERY good overlap flow, ,wide LSA. Any four valve per cylinder motor, excellent overlap flow, wide LSA. 440 with stock heads, not so good. Narrow LSA. Smallblock stroker, poor overlap flow, narrow LSA. One last comment- I don't hear of racers changing LSA when going from carbs to constant flow injection, so that rules out any ideas about vacuum signal.
EDIT: Mike, your comment about the EFI engineers saying you won't need electronics to cover up a narrow LSA, it sounds to me like their systems aren't flexible enough to adapt to the right LSA for a radical motor??
So my question for the OPs situation is, what is the best, mnost flexable EFI system that will work for the best cam for what he wants? That way he won't have to crutch anything to get a sweet running package. My interest here is similar, I have a dragpak cam with a narrow 110LSA, and plan on EFI with Apache heads on a Gen 3.

Last edited by gregsdart; 07/03/15 09:31 AM.

8..603 156 mph best, 2905 lbs 549, indy 572-13, alky