Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Am I expecting too much

I have to ask you what do you expect at 115,000 miles. It only gets worse from here. Not to many years ago crossing the 100,000 mile mark was an achievement. Suck it up and get it fixed.

I guess that I am expecting too much. I realize that parts wear out. I also figured that a $30,000.00 Dodge should have been a better truck than my $500.00 98 Chev. Guess that I was wrong!

It appears that the problem is common with these trucks...even with a lot fewer miles than mine has. Sounds like not one individual repair is a guaranteed fix. So far, it sounds like I probably should not only replace the balljoints, but also the tracking bar, tie rod's, etc. And even then, there is no guarantee that the problem will go away! Sounds like good old Chrysler even knows about this. I wonder how many times that an unsuspecting driver has lost control when their good old Dodge decided to dance??????????

My Hemi is well maintained...pcv valve, is good. It is just that in order to get any power you have to keep the RPM's up...these engines have very little bottom end torque. They might be a great engine for a 1/2 ton pickup that hauls groceries, but it was a poor choice to pull a heavy load.

Sometimes I think my posts are invisible or something! I only have two last things to say;

- 1) I've already told you (twice) what your problem is. Fix it and move on.

- 2) at 115,000 miles you can expect to replace (or have already replaced) virtually all front end and other wear components including ball joints, tie rods, shocks, steering stabilizers, u-Joints, etc. I currently own ten trucks including five Dodges, four Fords and one GMC and I've owned dozens more in all brands.......I think you are expecting a little much if you haven't anticipated these maintenance items to need replacing by 115,000 miles. You may have gotten lucky and had better luck with your '98 GMC but that hasn't been my experience. And yes, the Hemi is a little light on torque for heavy towing (hence all the Cummins' powered trucks in my sig)

Cheers and good luck,

Dave

1970 Super Bee 440 Six Pack 1974 'Cuda 2008 Ram 3500 Diesel 2006 Ram 3500 Diesel 2004.5 Ram 2500 Diesel 2003 Ram 3500 Diesel 2006 Durango Limited [url] http://1970superbee.piczo.com [/url]