Quote:

With all due respect, there are a number of things that can make the problem go away for awhile, including work described in TSB 22-005-06, but trust me: it's an alignment issue; usually not enough positive caster.

I've been over this a 1000 times and people will still go ahead and buy new (insert here trackbar/balljoints/shocks/tires/whatever) and claim that the problem is "fixed". That's just not the case. No new steering damper or whatever is going to "fix" Death Wobble.....although it may not show up for awhile.

This is nothing new and the Jeep guys have been dealing with this forever. In my impromptu investigation, the vast majority of DW complaints came from guys who used the 2" front leveling kit (guess that changes the caster specs, huh!) and larger load range D tires (usually 315 BFG's) or some other lift kit.

Here's some good reading although I would suggest that some of the reasons listed aren't really the root cause, but rather the weak link (the text points that out in at least one case);

http://www.yuccaman.com/jeep/dw.html

+

Dave

You are 1000% correct.