Originally Posted By forphorty
My question is: If you are going to set them at zero lash, thereby negating the self adjusting properties of a hydraulic lifter, why not just run a solid cam and lifters?

Well, I picked these lifters way back when (no joke, we're talking like around 2001-2002 when I was going through the engine block machining and final parts gathering) and mechanical cam was not part of the build at that time.

Having said that, the anti pump-up lifters do give you the flexibility of having the lifters still deliver some of that self-adjustement, but it is very minimized. The end result is you do not run any lash, and have no need to re-adjust your mechanical cam setup. Hyphothetically, the best of both worlds.

OK, reality is a bit different, a mechanical cam can be a lot more aggresive then a comparable hydraulic cam, or if of comparable dur @ 0.050 it will have better street manners then any hydraulic bumpstick.

Hey...you do, you learn...lol...right now I'm grumpy because my weekend intake swap plan turned into a week-long lifter replacement job...still need to find the source of the HT2011R lifters and get that shipped by next weekend....