I'm pulling my Holley Strip Dominator single plane intake off to replace with Perfomer RPM dual-plane (it had more bottom end grunt where I needed it).

Once I pulled the intake, upon closer inspection I noticed that 3 of the 16 lifters (SealedPower HT2011R) popped the retainer clip out.

So here is what my lifters look like:

And here is the clip that popped out:

Now, when originally installed I set these up with 0 (zero) pre-load, they are meant to do this. However the motor was a little noisy so I re-adjusted my rocker arms to give them a tad of pre-load (basically 1/2 turn from zero). Motor quieted down, all seemed good.

I suspect that the extra pre-load actually caused the retaining clips to pop-out...they have never done this before when I ran them with zero pre-load.

Is it acceptable for me to simply re-assemble the lifter with the clip? Or is this something that I should be worried about?

I took one of the lifters, disassembled it, all looked good, re-assembled and the clip slid right in. Looks like it should be good, but I do not want this failing once it's up and running.

Looking around I see that SealedPower seems to have moved to the hard snap-ring retainer...