Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

if thats what you want for a front suspension.. have you looked at alterktion?

at www.bigblockdart.com

I have not looked into the front suspension just yet. I am trying to finish up the back half, then the tranny and motor, get the car running, and THEN worry about the front suspension. I will do my reserch at that point, and ask you guys for some help. I do not want to get ahead of myself just yet . I have the Dana 60 finished up, the rear suspension done, now working on the tranny and motor. Once we finish up there, I can go drive the car (I already have all new front end stuff tie rods, torsion bars, strut rods, shocks, boxed control arms, etc...) Once I can enjoy the car, THEN I will upgrade to the stuff mentioned above.

front suspension might be smart to do first-- if you go the coil over route (like the alterKtion route) that frees up a lot of space for tranny xmember and exhaust when you don't have to worry about t-bars.

one more thing to reiterate, if you're putting large amounts of power through the lockup clutch, you're just dumb....set the tranny up to unlock the clutch at a certain vaccuum level, throttle position, or manually shut it off when you're playing....APS's converters, IIRC have HD kevlar lockup clutches in them, as well...

a 4L80E is a tough trans, and it's going to be expensive...most places to get one "built" for HP use is going to be ~$3-4k with a converter, then you have to buy a controller to actually run it, and most run ~$500 on up...they made some changes in '98/99 that improve the cooling, so look for a trans of this vintage or newer

if you're getting into stupid power levels (1000+HP) I'd say screw it and get a lenco, liberty, or jericho box...

I have thought about doing the front suspension first because of the reasons you have mentioned. But the want for me to get the car on the road outweighs any more work i have to do already. I will gladly enjoy the car for many street miles before I tear it back apart and do the front suspension. I know it is taking a few steps back, but so be it. Mind you, I am not taking shortcuts, just skipping a step that I can redo later with no harm done.

Lenco, Jericho....sorry..need overdrive