FYI - the "Electronic" torqueflites (46RE, 47RE, 48RE) have a round, black 8-pin connector on driver's side behind the levers. That's 8 (eight) pins, not five.

Also, the 47RE and 48RE have parts that are not interchangeable with the gas cases, for capacity - the low/reverse band is larger and wider, as is the low-reverse drum. There are other parts that do increase the capacity in the late-model units.

The surface area of the single-plate lockup clutch in a stock 11" Mopar converter is totally inadequate for your torque levels. Consult with aftermarket performance torque converter companies and get the scoop before going that route. I use PTC PTC web page they know their stuff.

I'd contact the owner of the turbo Challenger and see how the 4L80-E is performing for him, and how much it was both engineering and otherwise.

The AOD is not electronic at all, but the 4R70W is all electronic.

As far as the AOD and the 46RH/A518 go, both need a TV cable or linkage from the carburetor or accelerator linkage to the transmission to function properly. Depending on the induction you plan to use, that could become a hassle. However, there are cable setups that work for each.

The fab work looks great! One of my projects is at that stage now. Looks like your ride will be awesome!

440shorty