We have an 04 limited turbo auto. Ours is the non-intercooled turbo, rated at 180 HP. Ours is in that 24-25 mpg range. We bought our car as a Chrysler exect car that was 1 year old and had 5,600 miles on it. There are a lot of options on the car.
Our PT has been wrecked 2 times. We got rear ended while stopped in traffic to the tune of around $3,000 (hatch, bumper bracing and cover) when it was 2 years old, then a year later my wife turned in front of a pickup she couldn't see. That hit took out the right front fender, right front suspension, hood & front door, about $4000.
We had an injector replaced under warrentee (they would only replace 1 injector), and a timing belt along with the water pump, and a replacement water pump for that one, and whatever else is up there. These cars are a pita to work on, the motor sits sideways and the inner fenders are close to both ends of the motor, I don't do anything with it.

We have had the rear watts-link bar mount replaced, the rear shocks, the transmission solenoid pack, the motor mounts, the radiator, the power steering hoses, both lower control arms, both outer tie rod ends (in addition to what was replaced when wrecked), the windshield, brakes 2x (they always make grinding noise) and of course, tires, and normal maintenance. We currently have a couple nightly reappearing 2" diameter leaks under the motor.

As the car ages, we are getting some minor wind noise around the doors, and some rust in the lower rear rockers. We didn't use the AC much, but it hasn't functioned for the last couple years (there are pin holes in the AC hoses). Our PT has 115,000 miles. I wouldn't classify it as the best little car we ever had, but it certainly is not the worst car either. My wife likes it, as stated earlier, happy wife, happy life. When she is ready to replace it, it probably won't be with another PT. Gene