Quote:

Consumer Reports

For now, the PT Cruiser remains an interesting mile marker in the automaker's product history. New PT Cruisers are still available, and there are ample used examples on the market—many for rather low asking prices. However, used models have very uneven reliability; the latest safety features are still missing (head-protection air bags and ESC have never been offered); and IIHS side-crash test results are poor. Hence, it's critical for used-car shoppers to do their homework. Overall, though, we think there are better choices.

"New PT Cruisers are still available"??? So, this article is 5 years old??

I had an '05 convertible with a 5 speed. I regularly got mileage in the 30's so mine was an exception. It developed an oil leak over time. Finally found it was coming from the back corner of the head. Re-torquing the head slowed it to a seep but I eventually had the gasket replaced since the car was perfect otherwise.

I also had a really nice '07 turbo-automatic car. It didn't get near the mileage the 5 speed did. I had one odd problem with it. The front park lights wouldn't work and the a/c compressor wouldn't turn off. (Bought it wrecked and repaired it.) That required a new BCM which was an expensive repair, about $600.

I still see them around. Most that I'm familiar with are getting around 200k on them now.

Dallas

2012 Rallye Redline Challenger, 1st new car!
2010 Ram 1500 4wd HEMI-hauler
2014 Dodge Dart-gas saver
4 projects and a bunch of parts cars, losing interest since buying the Challenger lol
1969 Dodge Coronet 500-'gonna fix 'er up someday!'