My 318 in my 99 dak is on it's way out and I am planning on building a 5.9 with KB107s grind out the space between the valve releifs and round off the short edges a little, set it to .035 quench re-use the 318 cam, I am going to try to find a way to keep the heat off the plenum pan (they detonate so bad because the intake air is heated so bad from hot oil off the cam hitting the belly pan), exhaust will be 618 and 619 manifolds, V10 head pipes into a good 3 inch single exhaust. I will do mild port work to clean things up and a good VJ to help low lift flow, ported stock throttle body and cold air intake. I got about 100 rods to pick from, pick the 8 lightest, grind the corners down a little to remove weight then grind some of the funky bosses off the crank and balance it. Stick in the yellow ford 5.4 injectors and slap it together.

I would like to do long tube 1 5/8 headers but the good ones are too expensive and I will not use the cheap headers.

I daily drive this truck and hardly ever rev over 3000 RPM with the 5 speed trans. In my experience this will make tons of low end TQ and make awesome MPG. I added R/T durango sway bars and t-bars up front and an extra leaf and thicker sway bar in the rear so it tows better than my old 98 1/2 ton did, I just can't put any thing back together stock

I am not causing global warming, I am just trying to hold off a impending Ice Age!