Quote:

You seem to have had more problems than most have.

A stock rod breaking....that is possible, that is why we generally polish and grind the sidebeams. Are you sure a bearing didn't get tight?

As far as a bad spring....that is not even close to being the fault of engine design. Valve float is caused by overrevving it, the wrong spring for the application, or a faulty or worn out part. That is why you keep after that stuff in a race car. Any race car.....any type of engine.

You still are not going to convince me that a Hemi is an unreliable piece, if built and raced correctly. If not, no design will survive. I have forty years of racing them that says you are wrong.

No..the rod snapped, the big end still spins on the crank to this day...

The spring was borderline for the roller cam to begin with...took a chance and lost.

The seat was just plain old piss poor QA on the part of MP....

Oh...don't get me wrong...i'm not saying it totally unreliable...I've just had some bad luck. But I can tell you this is the most trouble I've had with a motor, and I've owned and thrashed many a wedge in the past....NEVER broke a rod before this stock Hemi one....on a stock build no less. So it does happen even to the best of engine designs.

71 440-6 4spd & 69 Hemi 4spd